Monday, May 11, 2009

How Long?

How long does it take to get over someone? It's been almost a year and my feelings haven't changed. The circumstances have--drastically. But my heart has stubbornly refused to budge. I don't know what it means. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Is getting over someone just a matter of time, or is there some magic thing I'm supposed to do? I've tried everything I can think of. I told myself it's over. I told myself to move on. I've tried being friends with him and it hurts like hell. I've tried cutting him out of my life, but even when I never see or talk to him, nothing changes. I've tried dating other people but I feel nothing. I've prayed over this constantly, and God hasn't given me any answers either. I never had the moment I was supposed to have--the one where you realize why that person is all wrong for you and even though it hurts, you understand why it had to end. I never got that. It's still a big unanswered question. I don't mind being single and I'm not afraid of being alone--even forever. But I'm terrified of forever loving someone who doesn't love me back.

3 comments:

  1. awww cousin... i love you so very much! i know it can be difficult...but please know that i'm praying!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was there ever closure? thats what it took for me, knowing there were no returned feelings helped me to be able to let it go. But other than that give it to God, it took me forever to really be able to let go of my heart and let God have it permanently, it's a daily decision I have to make. Love you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, there was never any closure. There were returned feelings, but he suddenly changed his mind and never could give me a reason.

    ReplyDelete